Europe’s best powerboats and sailing yachts revealed at Düsseldorf awards ceremony
The winners of the 2019 European Yacht of the Year and European Powerboat of the Year awards were announced during the opening weekend of this year’s Düsseldorf boat show.
Sponsored by boot Düsseldorf and publisher Delius-Klasing Verlag, the awards have grown into an established event within the annual boat show calendar.
Known as the ‘Boatbuilding Oscars’, the event attracted around 450 guests. The European Yacht of the Year award is in its 16th edition and the European Powerboat of the Year in its 13th edition. Each year, expert jurors from several leading European marine publications choose the winners.
The winners are as follows:
- Family Cruiser: Oceanis 46.1
- Performance Cruiser: Arcona 435
- Luxury Cruiser: Sunbeam 46.1
- Multihulls: Fountaine Pajot Astrea 42
- Special Yachts: Lite XP
- Small boats up to 25ft: Nordkapp Noblesse 680
- Boats up to 35ft: Nimbus Weekender 9 Outboarder
- Boats under 45ft: Cranchi T36 Crossover
- Boats over 45ft: De Antonio Yachts D46 Open
- Displacement class yachts: Steeler NG 65 S