Marine firms have until January 11 to submit an entry for next year’s awards
Recreational marine manufacturers who believe they have a new and innovative product have until 11 January 2019 to submit an entry for the Miami International Boat Show Innovation Awards.
The Innovation Awards’ program is managed by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA) and judged by members of Boating Writers International (BWI).
To be eligible for an Innovation Award, products must meet the following:
- Have innovative distinction from other products currently manufactured in the marine industry
- Have substantial modification or adaptation to the marine market if the product is an extension from a non-marine or general market
- Provide benefit to the marine industry and/or consumer
- Provide practicality of use
- Are cost-effective
- Product must be on display in its finished, sellable state by the opening date of the show at which it is entered
- Product must not have been previously submitted for an Innovation Award at any other show
- Product must be sold and marketed or “shipping to market” by the opening date of the show at which it is entered or for sale to the public within 60 days after the ending date of the show. No concept products or prototypes will be considered
- Product cannot have been marketed or sold in the US more than one year prior to being entered for an Innovation Award at any show. Review program Rules & Regulations for valid date
- All boats entered in the Innovation Awards must be NMMA certified at time of entry
- Participation is limited to contracted companies exhibiting in the program’s show
Innovation Award winners will be announced during the Miami Boat Show’s Innovation Breakfast on Friday, February 15, 2019. Additional details are available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.