Marine antenna manufacturer to sponsor the Retail Marketing Initiative category
Marine antenna manufacturer Glomex is to sponsor the Retail Marketing Initiative category at the 2019 Boat Builder Awards for Business Achievement, in association with Raymarine, bringing to 10 the number of category sponsors signed up to support the showcase event.
“Every autumn, boat builders from across the globe gather in Amsterdam to discover new ways to improve their already impressive yachts and enhance their brands,” said Raffaele Fabbri, Glomex general manager. “At Glomex, we share this commitment to excellence and are proud to recognize their hard work and well-earned success as a sponsor of the 2019 Boat Builder Awards. As a leader in our market segment, we understand how crucial it is to distinguish those companies that advance the marine industry through their creativity, innovation and dedication to quality.”
The Retail Marketing Initiative category is aimed at boat builders and shipyards that have created an imaginative and effective idea for the promotion of new boat sales. Examples could include print, online, video or social media campaigns, boat show initiatives, successful partnerships and dealer promotions. Last year Princess picked up the award for its innovative ‘Manga-style’ Princess R35 communications campaign.
Now in their fifth year, the Boat Builder Awards, organized jointly by IBI and METSTRADE and headline sponsored since its inception by Raymarine, have cemented themselves as a major showcase in the industry’s calendar. Around 380 guests are expected to attend the gala dinner that will again take place on the first Tuesday evening (November 19) of METSTRADE under the spectacular dome of the National Maritime Museum’s central courtyard in Amsterdam.
“Having a premium brand such as Glomex associated with the Awards is a real coup and we thank them for their support in making what will be the best Awards yet,” said Irene Dros, Director Maritime – METSTRADE.
“That the Awards continue to go from strength to strength is down to the ongoing support of our sponsors and an industry that continues to push the boundaries of innovation. But those innovators need to nominate. If you think your firm or an individual you know has what it takes to make the shortlist then go online and nominate them without delay,” urged chair of Award judges and IBI Editor, Ed Slack.
The full list of sponsors so far:
- Headline sponsor - Raymarine
- Collaborative Solution between a Superyacht Builder (over 24m) and its Supply Chain Partner – sponsored by Lumishore
- Collaborative Solution between a Production Boat Builder and its Supply Chain Partner for vessels under 24m – sponsored by Ultraflex
- Innovative On-Board Design Solution – sponsored by Fusion
- Innovation in a Production Process - sponsored by Dometic
- Environmental Initiative – sponsored by UCINA
- Rising Star – sponsored by Gurit
- Best Apprenticeship or Training Scheme – sponsored by Marine Resources
- International Distributor or Dealer Development - sponsored by Volvo Penta
- Retail Marketing Initiative – sponsored by Glomex
- Lifetime Achievement – sponsored by Side-Power
- After-dinner Drinks - Sunbrella