Australian marinas recognised at Marinas19 Conference in Southport
After two days of active marina industry discussion, the Marinas19 Conference ended with the announcement of the winners of the Marina Industries Association (MIA)-Club Marine Marina Awards 2019-20.
The conference, held every two years in different locations, attracted 300 delegates and was held in Southport on Australia’s Gold Coast.
The award winners and finalists for the Club Marine Marina of the Year Awards 2019/20 are:
- Best Community Engagement by a Marina: Abell Point Marina, QLD
- Best Environmental Initiative by a Marina: South of Perth Yacht Club, WA
- Best Marina Restaurant: Southport Yacht Club, QLD
- Best International Marina: Bays of Islands Marina, NZ (finalists: Sanya Serenity Marina, China and Westhaven Marina, NZ)
- Best Innovation by a Marina: Australian Superyacht Rendezvous at Gold Coast City Marina
- Club of The Year: South of Perth Yacht Club, WA (finalists: Royal Motor Yacht Club, Broken Bay, NSW and Southport Yacht Club, QLD)
- Best Commercial Marina under 140 Boats: Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina, QLD (finalist: Rivergate Marina & Shipyard, QLD)
- Best Commercial Marina over 140 Boats: Abell Point Marina, QLD
- Best Boat Yard Up To 20 Boats: Fenwicks Marina, NSW
- Best Boat Yard Over 20 Boats: Rivergate Marina & Shipyard, QLD (finalist: The Yard, QLD)
Port Denarau Marina, Fiji was also awarded entry into the Hall of Fame in the category of Best International Marina.
MIA president, Andrew Chapman, congratulated all the winners, finalists and entrants that contributed to such a successful awards evening.