Global manufacturing partnership means Zodiac Nautic becomes the exclusive supplier of semi rigid boats to Dream Boat Club
Dream Yacht Charter (DYC) founder and chairman Loic Bonnet and Zodiac Nautic president Dominque Herbert-Suffrin jointly announced yesterday, at the Nautic Paris show, a new partnership intended ’to accelerate DYC’s development of its boat club activity and integration in France.
The global manufacturing partnership means Zodiac Nautic will be the exclusive supplier of semi rigid boats to Dream Boat Club. Loic and Dominique said “we both share the same vision”.
With a fleet of more than 1,000 yachts across 35 countries and 53 bases, Dream Yacht Charter claims to be the market leader in boat rental/ catamaran cruising.
“The speed at which Dream Yacht Charter has become a global leader in boat chartering is impressive, stated Heber-Suffin. ”Its expertise and ambition make it an exceptional partner for the distribution of Zodiac boats across the world. He added that 60 Zodiacs have already been ordered for the next few months.
Loic Bonnet was equally enthusiastic, “With our synergies, we will have access to an astonishing network of motor boats to expand on new trends in boat rental”.
According to DYC, the global boat rental market was estimated at €1.8 billion in 2016 with an international fleet of 10,000 boats. Recording approximately 9% growth per year, boat charter and rental is currently one of the fastest growing segments of the boating industry, fuelled by new lifestyle trends favouring a sharing, experiential economy vs. direct ownership.
DREAM YACHT CHARTER PROFILE
- Established in 2001
- Headquarters in Annapolis, Maryland (USA) with 14 other offices, including France
- Fleet: 1,080 sailboats (monohull & catamarans)
- Boat brands: Bali Catamarans, Bavaria, Beneteau, Dufour, Fountaine Pajot, Jeanneau, Lagoon, Nautitech Catamaran, Zodiac
- Average yearly growth: +15-20%
- Customers: more than 100,000 annually
- Coverage: 53 locations across 34 countries
- Four business areas:
- 60% – Yacht rentals: bareboat, crewed, cabin chaters
- 30% – Yacht sales: new, managed and second hand yachts
- Digital platform for private owner rentals
- Boat club: power boat, RIB and motoryacht rentals (launched in Europe in 2018)
All figures as reported by the company.