Volvo issues Covid-19 statement; Venice show organiser “confident” event will take place as planned; Rio, New Zealand, La Grande Motte shows all cancelled
Limassol Boat Show - uncertain
7-10 May, Limassol Marina, Cyprus
A decision on this year’s event is expected shortly.
The International Multihull Show – cancelled
15-19 April, La Grande-Motte, France
All charter yachts – both sail and motor – are prohibited from approaching Greek territory until 15 April. For private-use sailboats and motoryachts, those coming from Italy and Albania are not allowed to approach Greek ports until 15 April.
Mediterranean Yacht Show (MEDYS) – cancelled
2-6 May, Nafplion, Greece
Posidonia – postponed
1-5 June, Piraeus, Athens, Greece
A statement on the organiser’s website says: ”In view of the escalating challenges we all face as a result of the Coronavirus-COVID-19 pandemic and the need to safeguard the health and wellbeing of our exhibitors and visitors while at the same time complying with WHO and Greek government guidelines, we have decided to postpone Posidonia 2020 from the 1st to 5th June 2020 to the 26th to 30th October 2020 at the Athens Metropolitan Expo, together with all related Posidonia sports events and conferences.
”We have taken this step in consultation with Posidonia’s supporting organisations who have confirmed their agreement and support for the October dates. We believe that taking action at this time was necessary for the benefit of our exhibitors, our visitors and the exhibition itself.”
Venice Boat Show – as scheduled
3-7 June, Venice
The organsiers told IBI on Monday (16 March) that they are “confident” the show will be held as scheduled
Superyacht Technology Conference – postponed
1-2 April, Barcelona
The conference has been rescheduled to October 7-8, 2020
The Volvo Group has issued an update on the impact of Covid-19, stating that there is a “considerable risk of material financial impact on the Group as from mid-March.”
TYBA Yacht Charter Show – uncertain7-10 May, Bodrum
A decision about holding this year’s event will be taken when the organising committee next meet on 9-10 April, 2020
Rio Boat Show – postponed
April 25-May 3, Rio de Janeiro
Following international and Ministry of Health guidelines, the 23rd edition of the Rio Boat Show in Marina da Glória has been temporarily postponed. New dates will be announced soon.
Moncton Boat Show – postponed
March 27-29, Moncton, New Brunswick
One of eastern Canada’s largest consumer boat shows, the Moncton Boat Show, has been indefinitely postponed as a result of new provincial government guidelines related to the Covid-19 coronavirus.
“This decision was not taken lightly, but the health and safety of our exhibitors, partners, visitors and contractors is our top priority,” says Catherine Macnutt, marketing and operations manager for show producer Master Promotions. “We will continue to monitor information from the Public Health Agency of Canada, the province, and regional health authorities. Once the all-clear has been received to resume holding events again, we look forward to sharing rescheduled dates for the show.”
New Zealand Boat Show - postponed
14-17 May, Auckland; by Barry Thompson
Following the New Zealand government’s announcement last week that large gatherings without allocated seating should not go ahead, the 2020 Hutchwilco New Zealand Boat Show has been postponed.
The news comes only days after the organisers reported that the show was probably still on, unless something beyond their control happened. The government intervention has certainly made their decision about whether the show should or should not go ahead a lot easier.
One of NZ’s leading alloy boat manufacturers, which was planning to exhibit a number of new models at the show, says: “While not having our annual boat show is a great disappointment to the industry, the government directive cannot be ignored and it would be irresponsible if the industry were seen to support the show.”
Organisers of the show, which has been held at the ASB Showgrounds in Greenlane every year since 1956, remain hopeful of holding the event later in the year.
“While we fully support the government’s decision, we know how important the Hutchwilco New Zealand Boat Show is for our exhibitors, and how popular it is with Kiwi boaties and fishers,” says general manager Dave Gibbs.
“We are already in discussions with the ASB Showgrounds and our suppliers and, if there is any way we can safely run the show later this year, we will.
“Exhibitors’ final payments, due on April 20, will now not be required until a rescheduled date for the show is announced and stand allocations will remain unchanged.
“While not having our annual boat show is a great disappointment to the industry, the government directive cannot be ignored and it would be irresponsible if we went ahead and staged the show.”