The boating industry will enjoy a strong line-up of regional boat shows across Europe this week after the recent surge of cancellations and postponements in Asia and the Middle East due to the Coronavirus outbreak; Shanghai gets approval for new dates in June
The organisers of the China International Boat Show (CIBS) in Shanghai have announced new dates for this year’s event – a positive indication that China is beginning to recover from the recent coronavirus crisis.
CIBS, which is celebrating its 25th year in 2020 was originally scheduled for 31 March through 2 April, but will now be held from June 22-24 at Shanghai’s National Exhibition and Convention Center. It takes place concurrently with The Lifestyle Show with several themed areas targeted to outdoor enthusiasts including Watersports, Lure Fishing, RV Camping, and Outdoor Sports and Travel.
In other encouraging news for the industry, several boat shows outside of Asia and the Middle East have confirmed that they are proceeding as planned.
European shows scheduled to begin this week include:
- Austria’s Boot Tulln, from March 5-8, and drawing widely from Germany, Switzerland and Eastern European countries
- Moscow Boat Show from March 5-9
- Estonia’s Tallinn Boat Show from March 6-8
- Sweden’s Stockholm International Boat Show from March 6-15 (6 March is limited to industry & VIP attendees)
- Turkey’s Tuzla Boat Show, in Istanbul, running from March 7-15
For additional details on these shows, including exhibitor and visitor participation numbers, click the link’s above for IBI’s online listings of international boat shows.