This year’s event was due to be held in Auckland from March 25-27
The second edition of The Superyacht Gathering, which became an important addition to the superyacht events calendar starting last year, has been cancelled because of the spread of the COVID-19 virus. The Gathering was due to be held in Auckland on March 25-27, 2020.
In a statement the organisers said: “It is with a very heavy heart that organisers of The Superyacht Gathering have confirmed that the 2020 edition of the event has been cancelled due to the global impact of the COVID-19 virus.”
“The decision was not made easily but in the current environment, to go ahead would have been irresponsible,” said Linda Berry, Managing Director of The Superyacht Gathering. “Ellie and I are committed to continuing The Superyacht Gathering over the coming years and will keep all our supporters informed of what comes next.”