Volvo Penta has launched a new training support platform designed to help boat dealers sell Volvo Penta diesel-powered boats.
The Volvo Penta Sales Academy is comprised of videos and associated resources that will help dealers understand the key features and benefits of Volvo Penta’s products, systems and service programs.
“The Volvo Penta Sales Academy is the latest effort in our Easy Boating initiative, which aims to make it easier for new and existing customers to enjoy the unique boating lifestyle by removing perceived barriers to entry,” said Jens Bering, VP of marine sales for Volvo Penta of the Americas.
Dealers participate in the Sales Academy by watching a series of video modules. At the end of each module, the viewer takes an online quiz. The initial modules include:
- Volvo Penta history and products overview with a special focus on IPS
- Electronic Vessel Control (EVC) technology and associated Easy Boating solutions
- Tips on how to demo and sell Volvo Penta systems
- Service and warranty programs that will enhance customer satisfaction long after the sale
- Orientation programs that formally introduce the new owner to his or her vessel
Other new modules will be added over time.