Puck Marina to get 98 new berths

The Polish municipality of Puck, located on the shore of the Baltic Sea, has signed a deal to expand its marina’s capacity with 98 new berths and overhaul the facility as part of a project worth PLN 20m (US$5.5m).

“Owing to the expansion work, the marina’s capacity will be increased, and the constructed accompanying infrastructure will contribute to raising the standard of the services provided by the facility,” Michał Piotrowski, spokesperson for the regional authorities, told local news agency PAP.

Under the plan, work will be completed by 2022. To carry out the project, the Polish municipality has signed a deal to obtain co-funding from the European Union. The EU will provide some PLN 12.3m (US$3.4m), representing around 76% of the investment, under one of its operational programmes for the years 2014 to 2020. The remaining 24% of the project will be covered by Puck’s municipal authorities.

Located in Poland’s northern region of Pomerania, Puck is located around 58km from Gdansk, the region’s capital and largest city. Puck has a population of slightly more than 11,000.