The Yacht Harbour Association (THYA) in the UK has announced the winners of its prestigious Marina of the Year Awards.
Now in its sixth year, the awards recognise the best of over 160 Gold Anchor-accredited marinas from around the world. The winning marinas are voted for by their berth holders in the Coastal, Inland, International and Superyacht categories.
The Marina of the Year 2018/19 winners and runners up are:
Coastal Marina of the Year 2018/19 (over 250 berths)
- Winner – Plymouth Yacht Haven
- Runner up – MDL Torquay Marina
Coastal Marina of the Year 2018/19 (under 250 berths)
- Winner – Buckler’s Hard Yacht Harbour
- Runner up – Poole Quay Boat Haven
Inland Marina of the Year 2018/19
- Winner – Church Minshull Aqueduct Marina
- Runner up – Caen Hill Marina
International Marina of the Year 2018/19
- Winner – Marina de Vilamoura
- Runner up – Karpaz Gate Marina
Superyacht Marina of the year 2018/19
- Winner – Yakilavak Marina
“A huge congratulations to all the winners, runners up and all marinas who were voted for in the 2018/19 Marina of the Year competition,” says TYHA general manager Jon White. “The array of marinas who stood out in this year’s competition showed how strong today’s marinas are at achieving and often exceeding the modern consumer’s standard of quality service and excellent facilities.”
The winners and runners up will be presented with trophies at this year’s Marina Conference, sponsored by Walcon, on April 24 in Bournemouth.