Quarterly report on the latest EU developments is now available to download from the ICOMIA Library
ICOMIA, the International Council of Marine Industry Associations, has published its latest quarterly update on EU developments. The report is available to download from the ICOMIA Library and is available to all ICOMIA members.
ICOMIA works closely with public affairs agency LOGOS to produce to its quarterly reports, updating on key policies and files that could potentially impact the leisure marine sector.
The reports include analysis of recent policy developments, political debates, decisions and positions of relevant stakeholders as well as strategic analysis, allowing ICOMIA members to plan ahead to address any upcoming issues.
The latest quarterly report covers how the industry could be affected by regulations and policies including:
- EU-US Trade War, Brexit and the Trade for All Strategy
- Water Framework Directive, Groundwater Directive and Bathing Water Directive
- Ship Recycling Regulations
- Port Reception Facilities Regulation
- EU Timber Regulation
- Protection of workers from the risks related to carcinogens and mutagens at work
- Marine Strategy Framework Directive 2008/56/EC
- Commission Revision of Regulation (EU) 2015/757 on the monitoring, reporting and verification of CO2 emissions from maritime transport
- Trade issues including agreements with the UK, Japan, Singapore, Vietnam, Australia, New Zealand, MERCOSUR
- Updates on Biocidal Products Regulation
Key updates can be found in the Executive Summary of each report.
ICOMIA members – and their members – have free access to the ICOMIA report, which can be downloaded by clicking here.