Presentations cover the latest developments in digital marketing to boost boat sales
A panel of five marketers and researchers shared strategies and tactics on using the latest developments in digital marketing to boost boat sales during the Grow Boating Marketing Summit, kicking off the three-day International Boatbuilders’ Exhibition (IBEX).
The expert panel presented to more than 175 marketing professionals from boat, engine and accessory manufacturers, as well as dealers, boat clubs and marine industry service providers.
“I know the Discover Boating team walked away from this meeting learning a lot,” said Carl Blackwell, Grow Boating president, in a statement recapping the event. “Marketing in today’s evolving digital world has changed consumer expectations, so we are doing our part to bring this critical information to the forefront for marine marketers to help us all understand the new tools and strategies needed to effectively attract potential boat buyers.”
Recordings of the presentations outlining how to successfully market to the next wave of boaters by leveraging digital marketing channels, such as display ads, video, social media, email, search and websites are available online, as are printable versions of the individual addresses.
The panel and content included:
- Jack Ellis, Info-Link – The Who Behind the How: The People We Need to Reach with Digital Marketing
- Marcus Sheridan, The Sales Lion – The Shift: How Sales, Marketing & Customer Experience Have Changed Forever
- Heather Lutze, Findability University – Findability Formula: The Easy, Non-Technical Approach to Search Engine Marketing
- Steve Pizzolato, AVALA Marketing Group & Julie Hagemann, ICF Next – The Boomer & The Millennial: A Generational Conversation on Digital Marketing
- Mari Smith, Mari Smith International – Facebook Marketing in a Changing World: What You Need to Know
Joe Lewis, general manager of Mount Dora Boating Center & Marina, recapped the meeting saying: “Marketing to new boaters is the future of the success of the marine industry. With this Summit we are able to bring together the best minds in the marine marketing landscape and provide relevant information that helps their mission. All the speakers are engaging, knowledgeable on the current digital marketing techniques and they provide attendees actionable items that can be implemented tomorrow.”
The presentations can be accessed at growboating.org