The changes are designed to facilitate further growth
The organisers of the METSTRADE Show in Amsterdam have announced ambitious plans for the 2020 edition and beyond, including a significant extension to Hall 5 at the RAI Amsterdam location, layout changes designed to facilitate further growth, and a range of smart solutions for networking and knowledge sharing.
METSTRADE 2020 will take place from November 17-19, and three-quarters of the exhibition floor space has already booked 10 months in advance.
Last year’s event welcomed 26,984 visits by 17,792 unique visitors from 115 countries who came to meet 1,670 exhibitors. The organisers have worked hard since then to ensure that METSTRADE makes the most of all its assets, continuing to grow in the coming decade while maintaining the quality for which the event is renowned.
“One of the key assets we have is the RAI Amsterdam complex itself,” says Sarah Westdijk, exhibition manager of the METSTRADE Show. “This superb venue is constantly upgrading its facilities, as we see with the current extension of Hall 5 and the new catering terraces. These additions will be completed in time for METSTRADE 2020, enhancing the opportunities for matchmaking and meetings. We are also going to ensure access to high-end networking software technologies.”
Another major strength of METSTRADE is a smart layout that gives room for specific groups at the show itself and potential expansion. “It is essential we preserve the unique B2B atmosphere which puts exhibitor quality above stand size,” Westdijk adds. “Stimulating innovation is another priority, enabling METSTRADE to feel fresh and relevant to all who attend. The new layout for 2020 has been developed in an excellent spirit of cooperation between organisers, partners, advisory boards and participants. It allows more exhibitors to take part in the halls/pavilions of their choice while increasing the options for people to meet and learn.”
The main layout changes are as follows:
- Construction Material Pavilion moves to a larger area in Hall 12 where the popular MaterialDistrict presentation will be centrally located with an extra seating area
- Marina & Yard Pavilion relocates to the new extension of Hall 5 where it will have its own face and the space to mature and grow
- USA and Canada National Pavilions migrate to Hall 5 and Hall 1, meeting exhibitor desires to optimise their presence at METSTRADE
- Scandinavian National Pavilions (Sweden, Finland, Norway & Denmark) move to Hall 7 where they will be centrally located next to each other
- I-nnovation- and E-nnovationLABs merge together at heart of the METSTRADE Show by relocating to the Elicium. They will maintain their separate identities and stages while making the most of the obvious synergies between the concepts
- Amtrium Lounge given new networking area with catering in an inspiring business atmosphere
METSTRADE is the world’s largest trade exhibition for equipment, materials and systems for the international leisure marine industry and is organised by RAI Amsterdam in cooperation with ICOMIA (International Council of Marine Industry Associations).
To access this year’s floorplan, click here.