Event reflects growing explorer yacht sector and charter interest
Reflecting the growing explorer/expedition part of the global yachting fleet, a new event described as the world’s first Expedition Yachting Summit is due to be held in Monaco later this month.
The summit will take place on May 29 at the Yacht Club Monaco. It intends to assess the market as well as include presentations by specialists in the market including owners, captains, yacht builders and designers.
The summit is being held in conjunction with Triton Submarines, a manufacturer of submersibles for superyacht owners; Wartsila, enabling sustainable societies with smart technologies; and Lürssen Yachts, builder of several of the world’s largest superyachts. It is being supported by the Monaco Yachting Cluster, Breed Media, Christopher Scholey, Taylor Made Designs, Superyacht TV and MC Interieur by Michelle Cézanne.
The key aspects of the Explorer Yachts Summit programme will be to:
- UNDERSTAND BEST PRACTICE - Insight and knowledge from owners and operators of some of the world’s top expedition yachts
- MEET LEADING EXPERTS - Introductions to pre-eminent specialists across all areas of design, construction and operation
- DISCOVER THE LATEST INNOVATIONS - Learn about new developments, equipment, techniques and ideas from those breaking the boundaries
- SHARE EXPERIENCES - Network with owners, captains and professionals who share the spirit of adventure
The speakers will include:
- The Explorer Yacht Market - Stewart Campbell, Editor of BOAT International
- Explorer Yacht Captains - Sean Meagher, Captain of Latitude and Jim Aladin, Captain of Cloudbreak
- Expedition Planning - Ben Lyons, CEO of EYOS Expeditions; Henry Cookson, Founder of Cookson Adventures and Jimmy Carroll, Co-Founder of Pelorus
- Design & Engineering - Christoph Schaefer, Captain of Gene Machine; Bart Bouwhuis, CEO of Vripack Yacht Design, Marnix Hoekstra, Creative Director of Vripack Yacht Design and Vesa Martinnen, Vice President of Sales, Wärtsilä
- Builders’ Insight - Michael Breman, Sales Director of Lürssen and Mark Vermeulen, Director of Products & Developments for Amels, Damen Yacht Support and Damen SeaExplorer
- Underwater Operations - Craig Barnett, Sales & Marketing Manager of Triton Submarines; Richard Parkinson of Magellan and Troy Launey of TR Launay Inc
- Helicopter Operations - Jonathan Turner, Director of Mast Consultancy
- Tenders & Landing Craft - Dirk-Jan de Jong, Co-founder of Amphicruiser and Jarkko Jämsen, Owner of Jamsen and Founding Partner of Navia Design
- Scientific Research & Philanthropy - Jasper Smith of Arksen