Organisers of the Boat Builder Awards for Business Achievement, IBI and the RAI, have agreed to extend the deadline for nominations by a week following industry requests for more time owing to the pressures of the current spate of boat shows in the calendar.
“We understand that many of those wanting to nominate are currently negotiating a hectic month with back to back shows in Cannes, Southampton, Genoa, Tampa and Monaco,” said IBI editor Ed Slack. “The week-long extension is the most we can afford however if we are to ensure our panel of judges has sufficient time to fully assess the entries,” he added.
So far the organisers of the event, held in association with Raymarine, have received a significant number of nominations spread across the eight award categories.
The award categories are:
- Retail Marketing Initiative (sponsorship opportunity still available)
- Boat Builder International Distributor/Dealer Development, sponsored by Lumishore
- Boat Builder and Equipment Manufacturer, sponsored by Ultraflex
- Innovative Onboard Design Solution, sponsored by Fusion
- Innovation in a Production Process, sponsored by Dometic
- Environmental Initiative (sponsorship opportunity still available)
- Apprenticeship and Trainee Scheme, sponsored by Marine Resources
- Lifetime Achievement, sponsored by Side-Power
Entries should be as specific as possible and nominators should upload only relevant information to aid the judging process. If in doubt about an element of the nomination process or what material to upload to support the nomination, Ed Slack (Chair) can be contacted: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The third annual Boat Builder Awards in the spectacular National Maritime Museum in Amsterdam on November 15.
Shortlisted entries will be invited to attend what promises to be another spectacular evening. Tickets are on sale now at Boatbuilderawards.com.