The organisers of the 1st Dubai International Superyacht Summit, Dubai Ports World and Fabmar, have released more information about the event that runs from February 28 to March 1, 2018 in Dubai. The theme for this year’s event is ‘The Emirati Riviera: A New World Hub for Yachting’.
“With many marina developments presently under construction, the UAE is increasingly becoming a selected destination on the superyacht cruising circuit and offers an alternative wintering homeport to established destinations,” the organisers state.
“The Dubai International Superyacht Summit will have expert speakers from the superyacht industry from within the UAE and further afield to discuss the opportunities and challenges for the emergence of the Emirati Riviera as a yachting destination, superyacht hub, and a winter destination.”
The two-day program includes:
- Welcome remarks by H.E. Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, Chairman of Dubai Ports World
- The UAE as a new winter destination: speaker Mohammed Al Mannaei, P&O Marinas
- Leisure destinations and facilities: speaker Ghassan Aridi, Alpha Destination Management Co
- Marinas in the UAE: speaker Dave Canfield, applied Technology and Management
- Security in the UAE and beyond, the yachting perspective: speaker Ted Jones, Northcott Global Solutions
- Yacht builders: speaker Erwin Bamps, CEO of Gulf Craft
- Mina Rashid Marina Development Dubai: speaker Adnan Al Abbar, DP World.
- Chartering superyachts in the Emirates: speaker Laurent Debart, Yachting Partners International
- Excellence in yachting and related industries, the Italian experience: speaker Lamberto Tacoli, Nautica
- The economic success of a yachting destination, case study of the French Riviera: speaker Laurent Monsaingeon, LMNP Consultancy
- Case study from the Mediterranean, Porto Montenegro: speaker Tony Browne, Porto Montenegro
- The UAE, a new recreational maritime hub - opportunities and challenges: speaker H.E. Saeed Mohd Hareb, Dubai Sports Council.
- The new Red Ensign Group yacht code: speaker Phil Noad, Cayman Registry
- Dreams vs reality, the exciting challenges of yacht classification: speaker Engel De Boer, Lloyd's Register
- Yacht management: speaker Gunther Alvarado, Al Seer Marine
- Insurance & Financing: speaker Alessandro Tricoli, Fitche & Co
Over the past 25 years, the UAE has diversiᤙ7;ed its economy with tourism as one of its core pillars. Dubai, one of the seven Emirates of the UAE, has become an established exclusive and luxury world destination with leisure boating an important part of the of the tourism offering. A number of international sport organisations and events have chosen to base themselves in the UAE, either on a permanent or temporary basis.