Newport Exhibition Group, owners and producers of the Newport International Boat Show in the US, has announced the winners of this year’s 'Edson Star Awards for Excellence in Portraying Company Image'.
Presented by Will Keene, chairman of Edson International, and given to companies whose display and employees exemplify pride and professionalism, the awards were presented to four category winners who each received a $1,000 credit toward their 2018 show contract costs from the show producers.
Keene also awarded the Edson 2017 Star of the Show Plaque to an overall winner.
The 2017 awardees are:
- Best In-Water Powerboat Display: Kadey-Krogen Yachts, Annapolis, Maryland
- Best In-Water Sailboat Display: HH Catamarans, Quanzhou, Fujian Province
- Best Free-Standing Display: Oceanvolt, Annapolis, Maryland
- Best Booth Display: Aquidneck Mooring Company, Middletown, Rhode Island
- Best Overall Display and Edson 2017 Star of the Show Plaque: Oceanvolt, Annapolis, Maryland
“Overall, the exhibitors at the 47th annual Newport International Boat Show delivered a high level of professionalism – it was very difficult to choose the best display,” said Keene. “Exhibits were judged by an independent group and assessed on cohesive branding throughout; eye-catching and inviting set-up; well-dressed, friendly, knowledgeable staff; brochures and business cards readily available; and a neat and clean environment.”
The Newport International Boat Show is one of the largest in-water boat shows in the US, with over 600 exhibitors in attendance. This year’s event ran from September 14-17.