As part of its education program, the 2017 International BoatBuilders' Exhibition & Conference (IBEX) will feature a variety of in-depth Super Sessions on Monday, September 18 – the day before the show officially opens at the Tampa Convention Center in Florida.
Organised and produced by Grow Boating, the National Marine Electronics Association (NMEA), the International Marina Institute (IMI), the Society for Naval Architects and Marine Engineers (SNAME), and multiple exhibitors, the Super Sessions will focus on trending topics within the industry.
“The IBEX Super Sessions offer our attendees an opportunity to really dive into a half- or full-day training brought to us from the leading experts in the marine industry,” says Anne Dunbar, IBEX show director. “This is the most Super Sessions we've ever offered, and I am really pleased to see the content expanding as well.”
The Super Sessions cover topics such as fibreglass boat repair, integrated electrical systems, colour design, core materials and more. For the first time, the International Marina Institute (IMI) will be hosting its popular Marina 101 course and will also offer a two-day Marina & Boatyard Study Tour.
The nine IBEX Super Sessions are:
- Marina 101 (8:00-12:00), sponsored by IMI
- Marina & Boatyard Study Tour (13:00-18:45) and Tuesday (9:00-17:00), sponsored by IMI
- Core College (13:00-16:00), sponsored by Diab
- Color Design and Inspiration: Implementation within the Yacht Industry (12:00-16:00), sponsored by Awlgrip
- Modern Scantlings: Calculations, Standards, Details, Materials (9:00-17:00), sponsored by SNAME
- Fiberglass Boat Repair (9:00-15:00), sponsored by WEST SYSTEM
- The Integrated Boat (9:00-13:00), sponsored by Power Products LLC
- Basic NMEA 2000 Network Course (8:00-17:00), sponsored by NMEA
- Maximize Your Grow Boating Investment: Marine Industry Marketing Summit (13:00-17:00), sponsored by Grow Boating
Click here for more details.