The International Council of Marine Industry Associations (ICOMIA) has released the latest edition of its Recreational Boating Industry Statistics. The trade association’s membership is estimated to represent more than 80% of the world’s leisure boating business, making ICOMIA well positioned to provide an international compilation of data covering the industry’s diversified and varied segments.
Highlights this year include an entry from ICOMIA’s newest member, the Sri Lankan Boat Building Technology Improvement Institute, and a special report on the state of Australia’s marine export and superyacht industries, courtesy of the Australian International Marine Export Group.
As usual the book includes detailed market analysis on the industry’s largest market countries, global summaries of key product segments from 24 countries, export/import data for international trade in boats from 41 countries, marine engine statistics from ICOMIA’s Marine Engine Committee plus international boat show statistics and the Superyacht Group’s Annual Report.
Key features include:
- 2017 global data snapshot
- Detailed national reports on the industry’s largest market countries
- Global summaries of key product segments from 24 countries
- Export/import data for international trade in boats from 41 countries
- Marine engine statistics from ICOMIA’s Marine Engine Committee (IMEC)
- International Boat Show statistics (courtesy of the International Federation of Boat Show Organizers)
- The 2017 Superyacht Annual Report (courtesy of The Superyacht Group)
- Industry articles selected by IBI Magazine
ICOMIA is offering subscribers the raw-data Excel spreadsheets and a free 12-month subscription of the ICOMIA Quarterly Economic Statistics Report, which contains quarterly information on global economic development such as the Producer Price Index and the Big Mac Index – as well as data, where possible, on emerging markets such as Brunei, Colombia, Indonesia, Mexico, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam.