The 2018 edition of the Boat Builder Awards for Business Achievement, in association with Raymarine, is now open for nominations in 10 categories that highlight key facets of the industry, from innovation and collaboration, through to future investment and performance by individuals.
Entry is free and easily accessed via the improved boatbuilderawards.com website, which offers clear explanations of each category.
Nominations can be made by individuals or companies on their own behalf. Or by any other industry professional who believes a boat builder, supply chain partner or individual should receive recognition.
Chairman of the Judges, IBI editor Ed Slack, explains: “We want the whole industry to ensure that the very best of the best is celebrated at the Boat Builder Awards. Nomination is straightforward and we have added more detail this year to ensure that applicants know what we are seeking for each category. We’ve also opened up the option for supplying more information, so that our international panel of judges receives all of the background for each entry and fully understands the merits of each nomination.”
For 2018 the number of award categories available for nomination will rise from eight to 10.
The new Rising Star award recognises an individual up to the age of 35 who has had a major impact on the boatbuilding business they work for. This category highlights the critical importance of careers and skills development in the global marine industry and provides the perfect way to praise emerging talent.
The Boat Builder Awards will also double its focus on the critical interface between those making yachts and the companies and individuals that supply them by introducing the Collaborative Solution between a Superyacht Builder and its Supply Chain Partner category. This adds to an existing category focused on collaboration within series production and reflects how the supply chain increasingly needs to offer volume and one-off solutions.
The full list of categories and sponsors is as follows:
- Retail Marketing Initiative: sponsorship opportunity available
- International Distributor or Dealer Development, sponsored by Wells Fargo
- Collaborative Solution between a Production Boat Builder and its Supply Chain Partner, sponsored by Ultraflex
- Collaborative Solution between a Superyacht Builder and its Supply Chain Partner, sponsored by Lumishore
- Innovative On-board Design Solution, sponsored by Fusion
- Innovation in a Production Process, sponsored by Dometic
- Environmental Initiative, sponsored by UCINA
- Best Apprenticeship or Training Scheme, sponsored by Marine Resources
- Rising Star: sponsorship opportunity available
- Lifetime Achievement Award, sponsored by Side-Power
For more information, visit www.metstrade.com/boatbuilderawards