With the Gold Coast Marine Expo not being held this year, several of Australia’s trailer boat makers and importers will be exhibiting at the Sanctuary Cove International Boat Show (SCIBS) from May 24-27, 2018. The show's organisers are therefore making more space available in a dedicated trailer boat precinct, as trailer boats currently account for over 90% of Australia's boat park.
Complementing The Boatyard at The Docks, the new ‘Sports, Leisure and Fishing Boats’ precinct will boast a 5,000sq m outdoor area dedicated to boats up to 8m (26ft), including RIBs, day boats, weekenders, aluminium and fibreglass fishing boats, plus high-performance sports, ski and tow boats.
Major brands sharing in this initiative include:
- JSW Powersports with Sea Fox and Malibu boats
- Whitewater Marine representing Stacer aluminium boats from Telwater and the Tigé range from the US
- Queensland Marine Centre with Sea Ray and Boston Whaler
- Wynnum Marine with Cruise Craft
- South Coast Marine representing Quintrex
- Brisbane Yamaha
- Stefan Boating World
- Australian Marine Centre with Formosa, Bar Crusher, Hooker and Chaparral
SCIBS general manager, Johan Hasser, says: “Exhibitors in the trailerable segment have embraced the new precinct, with many booking bigger spaces this year. With the introduction of our new dedicated trailer boat precinct featuring an extensive range of trailer boats, visitors are guaranteed to experience a ‘show within the show’.”