Swedish Volvo Penta dealer Imatech Marin & Industri AB is to expand its responsibilities to Norway from September 1, 2018, where it will focus on the leisure and commercial marine market.

To ensure that Imatech’s Swedish operations remain 100% focused on the Swedish market, a new organisation will be established in Norway to serve that country.

“We're proud and happy to take responsibility for the Norwegian market where, in close cooperation with Volvo Penta’s authorised dealers, we will develop and make our work more efficient to give customers the best possible service,” says Imatech CEO Adam Hamilton.

Hamilton says plans are now underway to establish a central store in Norway for "high delivery precision, developed IT and technical support, and competence development".

Imatech Marin & Industri AB is 70% owned by Gothenburg-based Power House AB, with the remaining 30% share owned by Volvo Penta.