Newport Exhibition Group, owners and producers of the Newport International Boat Show, have announced the winners of this year’s Newport For New Products (NFNP) Awards. The products were judged during the show’s opening day and announced at an awards ceremony on Friday, September 15.
The 12th annual NFNP winners are:
- Best New Electronics Product: SkyMate mazu iPad app and mSeries hardware
- Best New Boating Operation, Maintenance or Safety Product: North Sails 3Di NORDAC
- Best New Sailboat: J/Boats J/121
- Best New Powerboat 35’ and Over: Zeelander Z55
- Best New Powerboat Under 35’: Hinckley Dasher
- People’s Choice Award: Sabre 45 Salon Express
- Green Award – Boats: Hinckley Dasher
- Green Award – Products: Arid Bilge Hydrocarbon Notifier
A highlight of the industry, NFNP entries were open to domestic and foreign products launched in the US after April 1, 2017 that made their boat show debut at Newport. Show attendees selected the People’s Choice Award winner; all other category winners were selected by a team of industry experts on the basis of innovation, value to the consumer, safety and aesthetics.
“This was a year of true innovation,” said Nancy Piffard, show director of Newport Exhibition Group. “We are honoured to have these new and exciting introductions launched at the Newport International Boat Show.”
The Newport International Boat Show ran from September 14-17 in Newport, Rhode Island. One of the largest in-water boat shows in the country, the event hosted nearly 600 exhibitors from around the world with an assortment of boats from 15ft-90ft and a wide variety of accessories, equipment, electronics, gear and services for boaters.