The Yacht Harbour Association (TYHA) in the UK announced the winners of the NMU Marina of the Year Awards at the London Boat Show last week.
Now in their fifth year, the awards, sponsored in 2018 by specialist marine insurer NMU, recognise the best of over 160 Gold Anchor accredited marinas from across the globe and are voted for by berth holders.
The NMU Marina of the Year 2018 winners and runners up were:
UK Coastal Marina of the Year 2018 (over 250 berths)
- Winner – St Helier Marina, Jersey
- Runner up – Royal Quays Marina, England
UK Coastal Marina of the Year 2018 (under 250 berths)
- Winner – Inverness Marina, Scotland
- Runner up – Poole Quay Boat Haven, England
UK Inland Marina of the Year 2018
- Winner – Church Minshull Aqueduct Marina, England
- Runner up – Overwater Marina, England
International Marina of the Year 2018
- Winner – Royal Cork Yacht Club, Ireland
- Runner up – Marina de Vilamoura, Portugal
Superyacht Marina of the Year 2018
- Winner – The Pavilion Marina at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Runner up – Palmarina Bodrum, Turkey
Simon Haigh, chairman of The Yacht Harbour Association, a group association within British Marine, gave his praise to all the marinas involved.
“These awards have built huge momentum since they were introduced and really mean something because it is marina customers who are voting for their marinas, recognising the excellence of facilities provided and the level of service which they receive,” he said.
“The winners have been endorsed by their customers in the best possible way, to become Marina of the Year in their respective categories, which must be a hugely motivating and satisfying achievement. I would like to commend everyone involved and pass on our best wishes for the 2018 boating season.”
To commemorate their achievement, winners and runners up were presented with etched glass trophies and framed certificates by NMU company director, Nick Limb.